Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rain.

So remember how I described the weather here, Hot and Sunny. Well it seems that As soon we started work here at the schools it turned it to hot and Rainy... Pretty much continually for 3 day straight it has rained.. And I am talking about a deluge... Today alone it rained about 2 1/4 inches apparently and this is a fairly flat and level state... And with no where for the water to go I am sure I am going to be hearing about places getting flooded.

and just look at the weather report for the next few days.


On another note, this week has gone really well, we finished off today with a big design challenge involving the teachers and the kids making a vehicle car to carry a payload back and forth across some terrain. Really great fun. I will try to get some pics up of the activity. I had to MC the activity which was fantastic fun.

I tell you now though, getting up at 05:30 in morning is not my idea of a good time! I have quickly come to the conclusion that if I am not conscious at that time of the day, the time does not exist...Hence there is no 05:30 for me. And consequently the whole universe is non existant, by the same token.

The early mornings and late nights have meant that when I went to see star wars with some of the gang here (first time for them...Virgins, second time for me) I fell asleep. I only woke up when Samuel L. Jackson got his Hand/ass kicked. How bad is that I asleep fall in star wars.

And even the second time round I still came even more to the conclusion the film sucked. And I figured out what it was that meant I disliked the film, No dialogue just lots, lots and lots and then even more digital montage. There is no real character development. We never bond with anyone. Attack of the clones is better.